2019 Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair (SAFF)
If you live in the Southeastern US, THIS is the event you DO NOT want to miss! 3 days of market. 4 days of workshops. It is AMAZING! We have a booth, and we teach a 1/2 day class on each of the 4 workshop days. General Registration opens mid-July.
Get all of the info on their website: saffsite.org, and follow the conversations on the SAFF Facebook page.
HanDen Studios Workshops @ SAFF 2019:
You can find the full list of workshops we’ll be teaching at SAFF here. You can also register for any of our workshops on that page.
Discover SAORI! The journey begins!
This workshop is for EVERYONE! Whether you have never woven, are a new weaver, or have been weaving for years SAORI has something to offer you! In this fun filled 3 hours you will learn how the floor loom works and begin your journey of weaving from the heart. Don’t fret! The loom will already be warped for you! During the class time Denise will demonstrate various techniques for color and texture that you may choose to include in your weaving or not. At the end of the class you will be amazed at how different each finished piece is. Often described as Painting with Yarn this free form weaving style was born in Japan in the early 1960s when Misao Jo missed a dent in her reed. As she wove an unintended pattern developed that she found pleasing. Today, SAORI can be found around the world as weavers of all ages and abilities find the joy of weaving from the heart and embracing the perfectly imperfect. Children and adults alike love this class, and many take it multiple times as no two are ever exactly the same. Everything you need to weave is provided in this workshop. Some students like to also bring: bits of handspun, novelty yarn, fiber, feathers, jewelry etc. All of this can be incorporated into the weaving. In addition you will receive a personal “treasure basket starter kit”.
- Cost: $120 (class fee includes materials)
- Instructor Will Provide: SAORI Looms, shuttles, bobbins, yarns and treasures
- Student Must Bring: A willingness to explore outside the box
Dates / Times:
- Thursday, October 24, 2019 — 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Friday, October 25, 2019 — 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Saturday, October 26, 2019 — 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm (class full)
- Sunday, October 27, 2019 — 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Life happens. Unless otherwise stated, for most workshops and classes, if you need to cancel your registration you will receive:
- From the date of registration through 1 month prior to the workshop you will receive 90% of your registration fee returned.
- From 1 month prior to 1 week prior to the workshop you will receive 50% of your registration fee returned.
- There is no refund for cancelling in the week prior to the workshop.
Please note that bigger events (such as Kai and Super Kai retreats) may have a different cancellation schedule. If you need to cancel a registration, please contact us.