Handweaver’s Guild of America : Convergence 2020
This is the ultimate international fiber art experience: the Handweavers Guild of America’s annual Convergence conference! Join fellow fiber art enthusiasts in the immersive Convergence experience:
- Feel inspired by exhibits featuring the work of artists from around the world
- Indulge in seminars and workshops taught by prestigious and innovative leaders in the fiber arts
- Build your community with old friends and new at the fashion show and various special events
- Embark on a tour to private artist studios and behind-the-scenes textile experiences
- Roam the fiber art marketplace shopping for the latest tools, materials, yarn and more
HanDen Studios SAORI will be with Handmade Saori Weaving Studio, Understory Saori Studio, and Wimberly Valley SAORI in one booth for all your SAORI needs.
New for 2020:
Meals: Share stories of your Convergence adventure as you dine with old friends and new. Tickets for the Fashion Show and the Keynote both include dinner. You may also purchase a meal plan for additional meals so you may stay close to the fiber action.
Skein Competition: Spinners enter your work to be judged and placed on exhibit in the Marketplace.
Panels: Each afternoon we offer an informational panel on opportunities for artists and crafters. Learn from those who have done it. A special evening panel will take place Sunday when Cathryn Bergeman moderates a panel on her graduate thesis topic: The Handweavers of Modern-Day Southern Appalachia: An Ethnographic Case Study. Admission is included with the purchase of a CVP or Day Pass.
Silent Auction: HGA has some fiber goodies we’ve collected. Get in on the action and join us in the Marketplace and place your bid. All proceeds benefit HGA’s Fiber Trust.
Thread Talks: Share with our audience your story or one of your fiber art experiences.
Life happens. Unless otherwise stated, for most workshops and classes, if you need to cancel your registration you will receive:
- From the date of registration through 1 month prior to the workshop you will receive 90% of your registration fee returned.
- From 1 month prior to 1 week prior to the workshop you will receive 50% of your registration fee returned.
- There is no refund for cancelling in the week prior to the workshop.
Please note that bigger events (such as Kai and Super Kai retreats) may have a different cancellation schedule. If you need to cancel a registration, please contact us.