You’ve seen the hats. You’ve wanted to know how to make them. This class will teach you how to make them to fit everyone in your family! You will learn how to make three hat styles. You will receive written directions that include how to make the pattern to fit a variety of sizes. And we will have a LOT of fun.
These hats are so fun and easy to make you’ll be making them for everyone in the family!
What you will learn:
How to make the pattern for 3 different hat styles:
- A ¾-circle hat
- A beret, and
- The “crazy French artist” hat, so that it fits the head of the intended wearer!
You will also learn how to construct the hats. We WILL be sewing!
You need to bring:
- Your sewing machine (if you are coming from out of town and need to use a studio machine let me know). Please also bring the manual for the machine. You will also need to bring:
- Bobbins – pre wound
- Thread – suggested colors are black, white, gray, and colors to match your cloth
- Extra needles in sizes appropriate for your cloth. Some of the bands can get quite thick, so you will want to have the equivalent of a denim needle.
- Cloth – Washed! The dimensions are for the cloth AFTER it has been washed.
- Hat ‘A’ requires cloth approx 20 cm x 120 cm – drapey to medium stiffness
- Hat ‘B’ requires cloth approx 40 cm x 110 cm – medium stiffness
- Hat ‘C’ requires cloth approx 45 cm x 110 cm – drapey
- Of course, narrow cloth can be sewn together to get the width needed. We will do our best to make YOUR cloth work. Crazy cloth is AWESOME!
I will provide:
- Materials for making the patterns
- Handout with step by step instructions
If you have any questions, please contact us!
Life happens. Unless otherwise stated, for most workshops and classes, if you need to cancel your registration you will receive:
- From the date of registration through 1 month prior to the workshop you will receive 90% of your registration fee returned.
- From 1 month prior to 1 week prior to the workshop you will receive 50% of your registration fee returned.
- There is no refund for cancelling in the week prior to the workshop.
Please note that bigger events (such as Kai and Super Kai retreats) may have a different cancellation schedule. If you need to cancel a registration, please contact us.