Oh dear me. … AUGUST. The Old Farmer’s Almanac says that the Dog Days of Summer end on Aug 11. One would hope that this would mean that cooler temps are only 11 days away. But we live in Georgia. I think the Dog Days of Summer has an extended period here.
Regardless of the weather I hope that you are well and happily creating art.
When you come to the studio watch out for the non-weaving visitors! lol She was very interested in watching us as we sat on the porch.
Weaving Challenge: Color!
Finding yourself in a bit of a weaving rut lately? Looking to spark some new ideas? Need help finding your mojo? Many students and attendees at weaving events have found color challenges to be helpful. Want to join in? Here is step #1
In your stash of colors find:
- the color you like the least (preferably one you really really dislike). If there isn’t one you dislike choose the color you use the least
- the color that you think is the most hideous with color #1
- the color you think is the most hideous with the color of your warp. If it is the same as #2, choose a second ‘hideous’ color
- choose your favorite color. If this has already been chosen as color #2 or color #3, pick another of your favorites.
- choose a color that plays well with #4. This is likely to be a color that you like, or at least don’t hate. If there is one that is on the “it’s ok, but I’d rather not use it” list, choose that one.
Weave using mostly colors 1-3 with accents of 4 and 5 in plain weave. Note that your accents can also be in the form of inlay.
Check out the Updated Calendar!
HanDen Studios has several opportunities to FIBER! Check out the Events Calendar for the up-to-date schedule!
I’ve probably forgotten something. I wanted to tell you. It will have to wait until next time.