2020 NOT New Year’s Kai
I know that many of you were disappointed when we announced that we would not be holding a Kai on New Year’s Day. I really hate to let people down. I am hoping that all of you — well at least many of you — will be able to make it to The Studio on Saturday, February 8th for a “NOT New Year’s Kai.”
“We learn from each other and everyone in the group.”
Join us on Saturday February 8, 2020 for a free day of weaving and sharing. A day to renew friendships, meet new friends, and share our love of SAORI and the fiber arts.
As always I ask that if you have a loom and can bring it that you do so. This helps us include more people as those without looms are able to use the studio looms. I also that you register your intent to attend and request the use of a loom as necessary.
You Need to Bring:
- Weavers: I ask that if you own a loom and can bring it, that you do. This allows the studio looms to be used by new SAORI travelers — and those who come in from great distances. Please also, if you can, bring your loom bench/stool.
- Spinners: Bring your wheel/spindle, stool, and fiber.
- Knitters / Crocheters / Rug Hookers, etc.: Bring what you need and a stool.
We will open the studio doors just about 9:30 AM for those that need to bring in a loom or a wheel, and we will go until about 6 pm. Lunch will be provided, so if you have any food allergies please let me know so I can try to work around them.
We will have a sharing time during Kai, so please do bring a SAORI item, a recently finished fiber item, or story to share. And if you have finished garments bring them! Kenzo told me last March that ALL Kais have a fashion show! We need garments for a fashion show…
I have limited the number of attendees this time. But DON’T worry! If all the available spots fill we will still OVERFLOW the studio…. just the way we like it!
When arriving please attempt to park in the driveway. Hanley will be on hand to help with that. If you live in PTC and can arrive on your golf cart, park in the backyard. If I can work with the city like we did last New Year’s I will send an email letting you know.
Life happens. Unless otherwise stated, for most workshops and classes, if you need to cancel your registration you will receive:
- From the date of registration through 1 month prior to the workshop you will receive 90% of your registration fee returned.
- From 1 month prior to 1 week prior to the workshop you will receive 50% of your registration fee returned.
- There is no refund for cancelling in the week prior to the workshop.
Please note that bigger events (such as Kai and Super Kai retreats) may have a different cancellation schedule. If you need to cancel a registration, please contact us.