2024 New Year’s Kai
[ Click here to RSVP! ] What is a Kai? When the word was introduced to me I was told that it translated to a gathering with the intent of sharing. Google translates adds more to that translation: Party!
Now since most of my friends are FIBER people, when I think of PARTY I think of all the things that fiber people like to do: Knit, Crochet, Weave, Spin, Etc.
All that said, KAI is a PARTY where we revel in our FIBER pursuits.
Here’s how it works:
- WEAVERS — I will have studio looms for those that reserve them. If you are coming and own a loom please bring it so that new people can use the studio looms. You can bring the yarn you are working with or use anything off the student wall
- SPINNERS — bring your wheel & fiber. If you can bring your stool also that’s great. If not, I have several.
- KNITTERS et al — Bring your projects (yes plural, because get real, we all have MORE than one).
We will start at 10 am (for those that haven’t partied too hardy on NYE!) and go until 5 pm. Lunch will be at about noonish.
Monday, 1 Jan 2024 10 am — 5 pm
RSVP is required! (Please use registration form below.)
Please put ‘New Year’s Kai’ in the subject line and tell me if you need to use a studio loom, are bringing a loom, or are bring another fiber art.
Kai is a party. It is FREE and there will be lunch.
In addition to the Party, New Year’s Day will be the start of my official DESTASH! Look for deals on a variety of fiber related items.
Special Day of Weaving Inquiry Form
Life happens. Unless otherwise stated, for most workshops and classes, if you need to cancel your registration you will receive:
- From the date of registration through 1 month prior to the workshop you will receive 90% of your registration fee returned.
- From 1 month prior to 1 week prior to the workshop you will receive 50% of your registration fee returned.
- There is no refund for cancelling in the week prior to the workshop.
Please note that bigger events (such as Kai and Super Kai retreats) may have a different cancellation schedule. If you need to cancel a registration, please contact us.