Dye That WARP Party
Have you ever wanted to take a warp and make something, well… really different?
Kenzo taught me this technique in 2013. The result is really awesome. This technique is sometimes called a “faux ikat.” We’ll take a colorful warp and using special dyes from Japan over dye it to get unique colors. Once woven these warps make some totally awesome cloth.
You will need to bring up to 3 warps made to the following specifications:
- Unmercerized cotton, 10/3 (SAORI Fine) or heavier — please do not use extra fine for this workshop
- Warps should be wound with multiple BRIGHT COLORS
- Appropriately tied at crosses and chokes, etc.
- No longer than 6 meters and no wider than 300 threads
Please have your warps made prior to arriving. If you need to schedule a time to make your warps, Please contact us early!
Life happens. Unless otherwise stated, for most workshops and classes, if you need to cancel your registration you will receive:
- From the date of registration through 1 month prior to the workshop you will receive 90% of your registration fee returned.
- From 1 month prior to 1 week prior to the workshop you will receive 50% of your registration fee returned.
- There is no refund for cancelling in the week prior to the workshop.
Please note that bigger events (such as Kai and Super Kai retreats) may have a different cancellation schedule. If you need to cancel a registration, please contact us.